исключительный, единственный, своеобразный, странный, необыкновенный, необычайныйединственное число, слово в единственном числе
единственное числоособенностиособенностьв единственном числесингулярности
Noun(1) the form of a word that is used to denote a singleton
Adjective(1) unusual or striking(2) beyond or deviating from the usual or expected(3) being a single and separate person or thing(4) composed of one member, set, or kind(5) grammatical number category referring to a single item or unit(6) the single one of its kind
(1) Out of this dichotomous set of associations has emerged a constellation of forces, ideas, images and experiences which have defined both the city and rural zones in unique and singular ways.(2) His escape was all the more remarkable, given his singular appearance.(3) Is it now official Republican theology that tax breaks are the singular solution to every single problem there is?(4) And because of this singular fact, every single published estimate of Social Security income and outgo is just plain wrong.(5) With the singular exception of a few highly specialized late medieval tournament saddles - none rise above the rider's waistline.(6) The Beatles were four distinct personalities joined as a singular force in the rebellious 1960s, influencing everything from hair styles to music.(7) Barely are we into what is broadly described as ├ö├ç├┐recovery├ö├ç├û than we see already a strange and singular characteristic.(8) ├ö├ç├┐Please inform the writers that the names of teams take the singular verb,├ö├ç├û he says.(9) Asreml requires the inverse of the IBD matrix as input but this matrix can be singular .(10) Yasmine said that it was her singular good fortune to meet the ideal literary editor.(11) But perhaps even more astonishing is how this singular American victory has disappeared from public consciousness.(12) But persevere with Lear because, while he is no Turner, taken on his own terms he has much to offer in works of a singular beauty which contain the clues to personal tragedy.(13) She grew up to be a lady of singular beauty and was much sought after.(14) Inadvertently, the rest of the society is homogenised and the spokesperson emerges as singular and exceptional.(15) With the singular exception of Chennai, cricket crowds all over India have forgotten how to applaud good cricket played by the other side.(16) That example is somewhat exceptional, but not singular .
(1) underprivileged :: неимущий
(2) singular and plural :: единственного и множественного числа
(3) singular point :: особая точка
(4) singular number :: единственное число
(5) singular form :: форма единственного числа
1. remarkable ::
2. strange ::
3. unique ::
4. peculiar ::
5. singular form ::
форма единственного числа
1. common ::
2. customary ::
3. normal ::
4. ordinary ::
5. typical ::
6. usual ::
singular, singularities, singularity, singularly, singulars
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It is the SINGULAR location in space around
which revolves my entire universe.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
Though Loras will certainly come to
know a deep and SINGULAR misery.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Flaws. Plural, not SINGULAR.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
English to Russian Dictionary: singular
Meaning and definitions of singular, translation in Russian
language for singular with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of singular in Russian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'singular'
What singular means in Russian, singular meaning
in Russian, singular
definition, examples and pronunciation
of singular in Russian language.