Noun(1) physical strength
(1) The empathy was evidently always with the freedom fighter as he took on the might of the oppressor.(2) He called together the remnants of his tribe and the might of the enemy was overturned.(3) He then asked doctors to phone in with suggestions of what might be wrong with him.(4) he said he might be late(5) Suggestions for reforms that might limit house price inflation are plentiful enough.(6) It can handle a bit of rough treatment, so kids can use all their might to pull out a stalk.(7) I was wondering if you have any suggestions as to what might be best for me considering his size.(8) But when a friend suggested the story might not be true she contacted the Advertiser for help.(9) and who might you be?(10) More than that, he knew his friend would cope against the might of Real Madrid.(11) you might try nonprescription pain relievers(12) this might be true(13) a convincing display of military might(14) The might of the Roman Empire came from its wealth in precious metals, not from its productivity.(15) you might have told me!(16) economic might
(1) may :: май
(2) might have :: должно быть
(3) might as well :: могли бы также
(4) you might as well :: Вы могли бы также
(5) as might be expected :: как можно было бы ожидать
(6) might is right :: сильный всегда прав
(7) pigs might fly :: бывает, что коровы летают
(8) might well :: может также
(9) military might :: военная мощь
(10) might-have-been :: возможно, был
1. strength ::
2. force ::
3. power ::
4. vigor ::
5. energy ::
6. brawn ::
7. powerfulness ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You MIGHT find it difficult
to rule over millions who want you dead.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
...MIGHT all be there.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
...you MIGHT wanna watch your waistline.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
He MIGHT not reopen. He didn't get a lot
of money from the insurance company.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
We need to move. We don't know
who MIGHT be after us.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
English to Russian Dictionary: might
Meaning and definitions of might, translation in Russian
language for might with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of might in Russian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'might'
What might means in Russian, might meaning
in Russian, might
definition, examples and pronunciation
of might in Russian language.