железо, утюг, железное изделие, черный металл, оковы, стремя, кандалы, препарат железа, клюшка с железной головкойгладить, утюжить, проглаживать, отутюживать, доглаживать, покрывать железомжелезный, твердый, жестокий, суровый, крепкий, сделанный из железа, сильный
Noun(1) a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood(2) a golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head(3) implement used to brand live stock(4) home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth
Verb(1) press and smooth with a heated iron
Adjective(1) extremely robust
(1) Transportation equipment, machinery, cement and other building materials, iron , and steel are major imports of Somalia.(2) The use of certain essential materials such as iron , steel, copper, and industrial chemicals was either prohibited or restricted.(3) Elements on Earth such as oxygen, calcium, iron and gold came long ago from exploding stars such as this one.(4) Because it's difficult to get enough iron from diet alone, iron supplementation is recommended.(5) The iron grip that Williams wielded over his ministers and senior party officials was the envy of other political leaders, who all tried to emulate him.(6) A well-balanced diet including good iron sources is the best start.(7) These are referred to as nuisance contaminants and include calcium, magnesium, iron , manganese and hydrogen sulfide.(8) Men, on the other hand, are at a risk of having too much iron in their diet because they do not regularly lose blood, as women do in their menstrual cycle.(9) The magnetic properties of iron , the only metal with which can be magnetized.(10) the iron grip of religion on minority cultures(11) If it wasn't for her iron grip all those developing sexual urges during the Eighties, I don't reckon they would be having half as much fun now.(12) It was the wrong thing to say, for he grabbed her wrist in his hand, clamping down on it with iron strength in a painful reminder of what he was.(13) But it also forms part of a two-decade effort to tap the benefits of private business without giving up the party's iron grip on the country's political system.(14) Many of the electrical goods we use today such as the electric iron , shaver, vacuum cleaner and washing machine were invented in the early part of the 20th century.(15) a caulking iron(16) Gold, silver, copper, aluminum, iron , etc., all have free electrons.
(1) iron ore :: железная руда
(2) soldering iron :: паяльник
(3) pig iron :: чугун
(4) iron fist :: Железный кулак
(5) wrought iron :: кованое железо
(6) iron man :: Железный человек
(7) iron oxide :: оксид железа
(8) iron rod :: Железный стержень
(9) iron out :: сглаживать
1. inflexible ::
2. uncompromising ::
3. cast-iron ::
4. metal ::
6. branding iron ::
8. press ::
iron, ironed, ironing, irons, ironware
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
King of the Iron Islands.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
I'm not worried about the Iron Bank.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
She is here to reclaim the Iron Throne
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
Nothing on the Iron Islands
has an ass like that.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
No IRON pile.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to Russian Dictionary: iron
Meaning and definitions of iron, translation in Russian
language for iron with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of iron in Russian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'iron'
What iron means in Russian, iron meaning
in Russian, iron
definition, examples and pronunciation
of iron in Russian language.