Noun(1) an event (or a course of events(2) the ultimate agency regarded as predetermining the course of events (often personified as a woman(3) your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you
Verb(1) decree or designate beforehand
(1) It's a sad tale of the fate of a whistleblower, and a dark rump of cop culture.(2) fate decided his course for him(3) A mother has been reunited with a daughter she had not spoken to for 15 years in an amazing twist of fate .(4) In a remarkable twist of fate , they get locked in the storeroom together.(5) Besides, this is the battle that will decide the fate of our world.(6) He also wanted to know how many other importers have suffered a similar fate .(7) he suffered the same fate as his companion(8) His fate , death by firing squad, would hardly seem a cause for celebration.(9) It is easy to see that this was the logical response to the dawning realisation of death as the fate of us all.(10) We have seen that inflation tells us nothing about the ultimate fate of the Universe.(11) Earth would have suffered the same fate had it been just a little closer to the Sun.(12) It is a cruel twist of fate , especially with a new presidency that few expect to benefit the poorest of Americans.(13) By a strange twist of fate , that actually is what the book was called.(14) He will live on for as long as the world remains daft and cruel fate chooses to mock us all.(15) Yet by an ironic twist of fate he is blind to the world around him, losing Dot, who is expecting his child, to a pastry maker.(16) Remarkably, he found the right words to comfort those affected by the cruellest twist of fate .
(1) twist of fate :: Ирония судьбы
(2) fate destiny :: судьба судьба
(3) cruel fate :: горькая судьбина
(4) tempt fate :: испытывать судьбу
(5) irony of fate :: ирония судьбы
(6) stroke of fate :: удар судьбы
(7) accept fate :: принять судьбу
(8) quirk of fate :: причуда судьбы
1. destiny ::
2. future ::
3. death ::
4. the weird sisters ::
5. lot ::
6. be predestined ::
7. doom ::
1. antecedent ::
2. causation ::
3. cause ::
4. occasion ::
5. reason ::
fate, fated, fates, fating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So I will let the gods decide my FATE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
May I inquire as to the FATE of my man Bronn?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
to decide the FATE
of a woman's career.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
It's sometimes better
not to know one's FATE.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
English to Russian Dictionary: fate
Meaning and definitions of fate, translation in Russian
language for fate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fate in Russian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fate'
What fate means in Russian, fate meaning
in Russian, fate
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fate in Russian language.