лицо, грань, лик, циферблат, физиономия, выражение лица, торец, лицевая сторона, забой, фас, фасад, фаска, внешний вид, срез, облицовка, передняя сторона, гримаса, ширина, лобовая поверхность, правая сторона, струнная поверхность, вид спереди, наглость, плоскость забоя, очкосталкиваться, стоять лицом, наталкиваться, смело встречать, отделывать, подкрашивать, облицовывать, полировать, обтачивать, обкладывать, обложить, смотреть в лицо без страха, смотреть в лицо чему-л.
Noun(1) the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear(2) the feelings expressed on a person's face(3) the general outward appearance of something(4) the striking or working surface of an implement(5) a part of a person that is used to refer to a person(6) a surface forming part of the outside of an object(7) the part of an animal corresponding to the human face(8) the side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object(9) a contorted facial expression(10) a specific size and style of type within a type family(11) status in the eyes of others(12) impudent aggressiveness(13) a vertical surface of a building or cliff
Verb(1) deal with (something unpleasant(2) oppose, as in hostility or a competition(3) be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to(4) be opposite(5) turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction(6) present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize(7) turn so as to expose the face(8) line the edge (of a garment(9) cover the front or surface of
(1) he turned to face her(2) face of the moon(3) to face each other(4) I was trying to put a name to the face(5) The old man's wrinkled face creased into a warm smile.(6) don't show your face here again(7) she had a strange smile on her face(8) My voice broke and the tears fell down my face as I wrapped my arms around his solid torso.(9) the south face of Broad Peak(10) he saved face(11) a dial like the face of a clock(12) There are moments when I feel tired by this, and drained, but then I get up the following morning and decide I'm going to face these people down .(13) Fireworks screamed up into the sky, exploding all around us and strobing the face of every building.(14) The face is characteristically square or broad with a short neck, often giving a squat appearance.(15) Turning her straight face into a frown, she turned herself away from him.(16) This is why we have to be very careful close to either the flat ground or a cliff or mountain face .
(1) to face :: к лицу
(2) your face :: твое лицо
(3) baby face :: детское лицо
(4) face value :: Номинальная стоимость
(5) face down :: лицом вниз
(6) face up :: лицевой стороной вверх
(7) pretty face :: красивое лицо
1. countenance ::
3. grimace ::
4. side ::
5. dial ::
6. appearance ::
7. front ::
8. respect ::
9. human face ::
10. nerve ::
11. expression ::
12. typeface ::
13. look out on ::
14. accept ::
15. be confronted by ::
16. beset ::
17. brave ::
18. cover ::
19. look ::
20. confront ::
1. back ::
2. rear ::
3. reverse ::
face, faced, faceless, faces
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Face it, dude, whether it's a real car
or a virtual cartoon car, you can't drive.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
Look at this FACE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
Well, for starters, at some point,
that FACE starts talking.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
Now we must steel ourselves
to FACE the monster who defends the gate.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
He needed my FACE,
the FACE of Ned Stark's daughter.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
English to Russian Dictionary: face
Meaning and definitions of face, translation in Russian
language for face with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of face in Russian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'face'
What face means in Russian, face meaning
in Russian, face
definition, examples and pronunciation
of face in Russian language.